Friday, January 13, 2006

1/144 Special editon "Maus" & "E-100" Panzers! (Cyber-Hobby)





I bought myself these for Christmas after having my eye on them for a while, in the end I just had to have them!

They are based uon the Dragon edtions, but released via thier subsiduary/partner(?) Cyber hobby, each comes with a numbered card to indicated the "Limted Edition"

Not sure whey they didnt do more, or why there where not released as "normal" Dragon Armour/Can.do edition?? - anyone have any ideas ?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cyber-hobby is an affiliate of Dragon. There is a model shop in Hong Kong (China) where I lived when I was young. This model shop I think somehow related to Dragon (may be same owner or something similar and they are very close as I saw the first Dragon Cando Tiger I's were on display in the shop couple months before they were released) which was created about 15-20 years ago and again Cyber-hobby I think is an affiliate of this group. It's interesting to see a small hobby shop has grown to such a big modelling group today.

Back to the kit, I think the 1/144 world (for collector) is a lot smaller. I think the Cyber-hobby specials have been listed there for a long time and you can still place an order today. On the other hand, a 1/72 special normally sold out in a couple days (except recently after Dragon/Cyber-hobby has jacked up the price and may also produced a lot more so the value of these special is a lot lower). These kind of thing is really market-driven. If the first release is not well received, you may not get the second one. For example, the first 1/72 Dragon Armor Tiger I Special for Wittmann (500pcs produced in total) was sold out probably in 2 days and it gave Dragon confidence to make more in that series. (You probably know the price of this first special nowaday is over US$200 if you're lucky to see one on sale.

wtmblogger