Sunday, May 20, 2007

"Wings of War" - Series 1 - WWI Aircraft!





"Wings of War" - Series 1 - WWI Aircraft!
-------------------------------------------
I got hold of these direct from teh USA, Must commend Fantasy FLight on superquick shipping!
.
These are well packed items - almost too well, it can be a little tricky to get your aircraft out of the plastic trays, so be warned!
.
One a plus side, these are agreat little models, nicely painted with good detail and alighnment, upper and lower surfaces are painted multiple colours, engines are tyres and painted up and the fuselage also have mulitple colours and icons along the sides, no pilots are provided and the propellers do not move.
.
on the whole quite please, there could be improvments to these aircraft, but as their main purpose is as gaming pieces and not collectables as such, I cant complain too much!





4 comments:

Victor said...

Hi, what scale are these airplanes?
Regards

bluedonkey99 said...

Hello Victor!

These WWI aircraft are 1/144!

Very nicely painted and the detailing is pretty good.

regards
BD99

Anonymous said...

I'm 13 y.o. and I love planes! I've seen that WW1 scale planes in my country beeing selled in a newspapers store, and they cost a bit expensive and I was think that they were very poor in hardness and resistance of the material (Well, I wanna buy one and were asking if the planes could be used as toys too :P ) but after see the last pic of the planes (upside down) I've seen the wheels and the wings seem to be hard. I think they're ressistant. (More than the delicate models of Italeri that buyed and I still couldn't play with them :( I'm reconsiderating my point of view and maybe I'll buy one or two, or 3 of them.

bluedonkey99 said...

Hi

There are now 3 series of these aircraft. I think they would be strong enough for you.

They are often expensive?

another set to consider are the following:

1) Furuta aircraft - these are usually quite cheap and are like "kinder egg" style kits.

http://kampfgruppe144.blogspot.com/2008/02/1144-f-toys-biplanes-furuta-comaparison.html

or

2) The F-Toys Biplane Series Vol.1
These too should be strong enough for you

http://kampfgruppe144.blogspot.com/2007/08/1144-f-toys-biplane-series-vol1.html

Good Luck

Regards
BD99