Sunday, July 25, 2010

1/144 Westland Lysander Mk.I/III by Foxone


1/144 Westland Lysander Mk.I/III by Foxone

Foxone is following up on his amazing Ju-88 by starting the process to produce a Westland Lysander.

I know this will interest some of you as we have had discussions on the hopes of a Lysander kit before... either from scratch or even tolerting the old hasegawa kit (1/160 ish).

But worry no more, there will be a Lysander

Once i saw that Foxone was producing a range of trainers and liason aircrat, I would resist and suggested the subject as one for exploration. Foxone subsequently agreed, and this is most appreciated!!

The other good news is that the Mk.I and Mk.III are virtually the same (certianly as far as 1/144 is concerned), so there should be scope for some interesting decal schemes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westland_Lysander

Available: TBC
Cost: TBC


See the development of this kit and more photos as it happens at the Foxone Blog page:
http://foxone2.blog53.fc2.com/blog-category-73.html

There is an interesting comparison of this with the Auster, the Lysander is surprisingly larger than most people perhaps imagined?

Follow at KG144 BBS

1 comment:

zap123 said...

Wow, I didn't realise the kid was using RAP to make these kits. That's pretty amazing.

As an aside, accoridng to my measurements the Hasegawa Lysander is a lot closer to true scale than that. IIRC when I scaled it out the span was about 1/148 and the length 1/150.