1/144 Curtis P-40B/C by AFV Club
While AFV Club is a well established producer of large scale AFVs this is their first adventure in 1/144.
It seems to be a simple inexpensive kit, that paints up nicely, and of a item that is not to readily available.
The 1st American Volunteer Group (AVG) of the Chinese Air Force in 1941–1942, nicknamed the Flying Tigers, was composed of pilots from the United States Army Air Corps (USAAC), Navy (USN), and Marine Corps (USMC), recruited under presidential authority and commanded by Claire Lee Chennault. The shark-faced nose art of the Flying Tigers remains among the most recognizable image of any individual combat aircraft or combat unit of World War II. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Tigers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_China_Air_Force
The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk was an American single-engined, single-seat, all-metal fighter and ground-attack aircraft that first flew in 1938. The P-40 design was a modification of the previous Curtiss P-36 Hawk which reduced development time and enabled a rapid entry into production and operational service. The Warhawk was used by most Allied powers during World War II, and remained in frontline service until the end of the war. It was the third most-produced American fighter, after the P-51 and P-47; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtiss_P-40_Warhawk
1/144 MiG-15 - Eduard
Another great kit from Eduard,
Parts for : Two kits
Decals for: Six options: Czech, Soviet Russia, Polish and North Korea,
Includes paint masks.
The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 (Russian: Микоян и Гуревич МиГ-15; NATO reporting name: "Fagot") is a jet fighter aircraft developed by Mikoyan-Gurevich OKB for the Soviet Union. The MiG-15 was one of the first successful swept-wing jet fighters, and achieved fame in the skies over Korea, where, early in the war, it outclassed all straight-winged enemy fighters in most applications. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-15
1/144 Spitfire Mk.IX „Naši se vracejí“ Czech pilots - Eduard
1/144 version of the Eduard „Naši se vracejí“ ("Boys are back") celebration of the return of Czech pilots and squadrons in RAF Service to their homeland, following the end of WWII
Its similar to the "big scale" items, except no goody bag and reduced decals options.
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX dedicated to Czechoslovak pilots. Quattro Combo Eduard plastic, Quattro Combo, decals printed by Eduard, 8 marking options, mask. NO PE, NO resin included, full color instructions.
The Blackburn B-101 Beverley was a 1950s British heavy transport aircraft built by Blackburn and General Aircraft and flown by squadrons of Royal Air Force Transport Command from 1957 until 1967.
The aircraft was a high-wing cantilever monoplane with a fixed undercarriage. The large fuselage had a tail boom fitted with a tailplane with twin fins. The tail boom allowed access to the rear of the fuselage through removable clamshell doors. A 36 ft (11 m) main fuselage space was supplemented by passenger accommodation in the tail boom. The main cargo hold could accommodate 94 troops, with another 36 in the tail boom. In operation, it was regarded as "ungainly but highly effective" and was described by Air Chief Marshal Sir Robert Freer as "like something out of the Ark, but it was a superb supply dropper.”
Te aircraft was designed for carrying large bulk loads and landing them on rough or imperfect runways, or mere dirt strips. It could trace its design back to the GAL49 Hamilcar glider of the Second World War. When it entered service it was the largest aircraft in the Royal Air Force (RAF). It had a large interior cargo area split into two levels which amounted to around 6,003 ft³ (170 m³) of space. Paratroopers in the upper passenger area jumped through a hatch in the base of the boom just in front of the leading edge of the tailplane. Paratroopers in the main body exited through side doors.
The Beverley was equipped with toilets, which were situated in the tail beyond the paratroop hatch located on the floor of the tail boom. One fatality was caused by a serviceman who fell twenty feet to the ground when exiting the toilet, unaware that the paratroop hatch had been opened. Modifications were made to prevent the toilet doors from being opened when the paratroop hatch was open.
In total, 49 of the aircraft were produced, with the last one being manufactured in 1958, and final retirement from RAF service was in 1967.