Sunday, June 18, 2006

1/144 Maus Ausf C








This started on the whole as an exercise in trying to make a "production" version Maus, in the end imagination ran wild and it got a little out of hand!?
.
The turret was remodelled, new hatched added and the existing ones moves, a grille was added on top and too the sides, plus some frontal lugs were added.
.
The hole where the machine guns should have been were removed and I added some armor racks to mount spare links.
I also added a new rear loading hatch and a ladder.
A new main gun was also added !
.
I removed the external fuel tanks as I had read this was to be placed inside on the production version and I added some external exhausts (please do not look too carefully).
.
I also added some racks to the chassis side to provide some detail to the vast empty space.
.
A poor attempt at zimmerrit paste was attempted at the front, mainly as an experiment with filler that was left to dry a little but lines where made whilst is was still moist.
.
The paintwork is dunkel gelb with a multicolor "sponge effect" over the top.
.
Decals were taken from spares.
.

No comments: