Thursday, September 29, 2011

1/144 Focke-Wulf Fw.200-C4/U1 - Anigrand

1/144 Focke-Wulf Fw.200-C4/U1 - Anigrand
http://www.anigrand.com/future_releases.htm

Well, I hear you say - 'another Fw-200' in 1/144. Its a fair comment, however I suppose this is a slightly unique varient.... Still, lets hope the bonus kits are amazing!?

Fw 200 C-4/U1 (Werk-Nr 137)
 High-speed transport aircraft, only one example built with shortened Bola gondola without bomb bay. Used to transport Adolf Hitler. Heinrich Himmler and Karl Dönitz.Coded GC + AE. Captured by British and used as transport by them while based at B.164 Schleswig, flown frequently by Eric Brown - later to RAE Farnborough with Air Min number 94.

Bonus Kits: He.176; Fa.223 Drache; Ho.XIIIA; Arsenal Delanne 10C.2

Available: November 2011
Price: 78 USD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf_Fw_200
http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/fw200_variants.html

When do we get the FW Ta-400?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

While, I for one have long waited for a kit of the Fw 200 so this is very welcome to me (I don't care much for pre-painted or ready made models) and I hope the anti-shipping version is released eventually. I'm definitely getting this one and also hope that the bonus kits are interesting.

Now, if only someone would make the He 177, the He 277, the Ju 290 and yes, of course, the Ta 400!

Miguel

Anonymous said...

Miguel is right. If you don't count the die cast model, the only option so far was F-Resins civilian version. I don't know of any other FW 200 in this scale. Still, the Anigrand kit is way too expensive for me. Personally, I hope that F-Toys releases an FW 200. I got their He 177 and it's really pretty well done (except the interior). You just have to strip the paint and voila - you've got yourself a "normal" plastic kit.

bluedonkey99 said...

There isn't another military one.
I have a feeling I may have seen a vac-firm kit?

However,
I have seen a civil version!
Www.f-rsin.com produced the civil version as a resin kit circa 2008/2009. I did feature it on the blog!

Anonymous said...

True. I should have specified that I have long waited for a MILITARY Fw 200 kit.

Yes, one can go for the option of stripping the paint of pre-painted kits but sometimes some of the markings are also pre-painted (I've worked on a couple) and you may have trouble getting new ones as, unfortunately, this scale is limited in numbers of decal sheets printed when compared to the other scales. Of course you can make and print them yourself but.... that's another story.

Miguel

bluedonkey99 said...

Look at thev Peddinghaus Fevals Luftwaffe bomber set.
Not much but it's an extra set of decals!?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I had forgotten about those.

I recently bought two sheets by Warbird, one for Axis (German and Japanese only) and one for Allied (UK and US) with national insignia and letters and numbers for codes (all for WWII).

Miguel

Anonymous said...

Nice to see them moving away from the fantasy-waffe and what if types.

John Haverstock said...

I agree completely! There are so many legitimate aircraft that haven't been covered yet, lets get those on our shelves then go for fantasyland subjects. Though,,, I would like to built that NAZI flying wing airplane from raiders of the Lost Ark! Now that was cool!
john