Thursday, May 11, 2006

1/144 Flakpanzers!








There has not been much interesting news in 1/144 this week, maybe it is due to the summer?
anyway, I have still been busy this week working on some model!
.
I have produced "KLEIN DESIGNS" Panzer IV "MOBELWAGON" Flakpanzer
and a TAKARA WTM (illustrated chronicles kit) Panzer IV "WIRBELWIND".
.
The WTM was straight forward, I had thought of replacing the WTM guns with a "POPY" 3.7 to make an "OSTWIND" but had so much trouble with the MOBELWAGON I settled for an Easy life!
.
The "KLEIN DESIGNS" panzer was a nice change, this required a "POPY" kit of the "Vierlinks" flak to provide the main armemants, but with the gun barrells replace with "KLIEN DESIGN" replacement BRASS BARRELLS!!.
.
I have also added a few extra peices of metal work to add detail to the "MOBELWAGON", having taken inspiration from "El-Basser"! I hope I have done this quite successfully and not detracted from the overall look? I also had to extract some of the tooling from resin which as not an easy job - I had to buy some new blades for my knife to ensure it was sharp enough, and yes, i cut my thumb!!
.
Finally, I tried not to use too much paint! just the base coat to represent 'Vallejo Acrylics - DUNKELGELB" and "Mr Metal Color - DARK IRON" for most of the painting plus a few blacks and browns. I did try a new weathering technique and rather than dry brushing I used PASTELS and brushed these on, it gives a much more subtle effect and is quite easy to mix them together, mainly Black, Light Grey, Earth Brown, Rust Red the good news on PASTELS is these were a box from the cheap book shop no need to spend money on fancy artistic pastels!

.

No comments: