1/144 RAAF Beaufighter
A new range of 1/144 Aircraft from Victorian Hobby Centre in Melbourne, Australia
The first release of a range of 1/144th scale aircraft.The first aircraft is the RAAF Mk XXI Beaufighter with decals for three aircraft from 93 Sqn, the "Green Ghost" squadron.
The aircraft are SK-E "Ginger Meggs", SK-N "Babs" and SK-P "Barren-Joey" .
The kits are priced at $AU 20 plus postage.
The kits are (almost) one piece resin castings with props, tail planes, undercarriage and closed undercarriage doors as separate castings.
Other kits in the `pipeline' include - you may notice a certain theme!
(so far and in no particular order of release):
- Wirraway, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC_Wirraway
- Boomerang, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC_Boomerang
- Sunderland, http://uboat.net/allies/aircraft/sunderland.htm
- Boston, (Ft lt WE Newton?), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_DB-7
- Buffalo, http://www.warbirdforum.com/kanga.htm
- Kittyhawk, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_P-40_variants
- Mosquito http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Mosquito
- Beaufort http://www.aarg.com.au/Beaufort.htm
The VHC are `toying' with the idea of producing the Beaufighter in Mk VI and Mk I variants.
The next kit for release is not known at this stage.
The Vic Hobby Centre can be contacted by phone – 03 9560 4817 or via their website
( with global shipping)
All I can say, is any new 1/144 manufacturer is most welcome!!!