Sunday, May 14, 2006

1/144 - "Imperial German Airforce"



Well ok, it looks like I have some distance to travell on the road to aircraft painting.....
-
This is an old "ARBA" 1/144 F190 D9 Kit (Resin & Metal) quite nice but not the easiet to build - quite easy to mess up the painting :)
-
The idea was to create a proper "Imperial german" FW190 as flown by the Red Baron had he survived the first world war.
-
It was a bit of an experiment, it hasnt quite worked but i think i have worked out why i went wrong so thats half the battle over..... The paint I used was a Tamiya Spray can of "Ferrari Red" in the end this was a little too bright and too shiney, I think a more subtle matte red would have been better? The weathering could have been done better - but by this stage I already new most of the battle had been lost!. To make a really proffesional job I should have used the alternative Imperial Decals i have which are the black Crosses in isolation and used painted bands on the fuselage and wings to mount them - I think this would looked good.
-
finaly the cockpit is not quite right! - the original had to be cut from a sheet and my knife wasnt sharp enough and caused problems (I know have a sharp knife - and a cut thumb!) - so I used an spare Bandai FW190 canopy, but sadly doesnt quite fit properl!
-
So Hope you not all dissapointed, but at least it show's that we all have our bad days!
-
Well there is always the MK.2 ?
-
My next project will be back to terra-firma!

.

No comments: