Saturday, December 27, 2008

1/144 "V-Bombers" by Anigrand!




Add Image



1/144 "V-Bombers" by Anigrand!
========================

...oh my, a post Christmas bank account apocalypse!?

Anigrand have released the V-Bombers for PRE-ORDER, for estimated delivery in February and March 2009
.
Look at that array of bonus kits, looks like the mighty Bristol, the little Swift and an A-W Flying Wing to guess a few!

Vickers Valiant B.1 (+ 3x Bonus Kits) = 88 USD$
kit contents decals to build the XD-814 Suez crisis or XD-818, first UK atomic bomb drop-test bomber optionally
http://www.anigrand.com/AA4027_Valiant.htm
Bonus#1 - Fairey Delta 2 (FD2)
Bonus#2 - Bristol Type 188 "Flaming Pencil"
Bonus#3 - Handley Page HP.115


Avro Vulcan B.2 (+ 3x Bonus Kits) = 88 USD$
kit contains parts & decal to build the XM607 Falklands war or, optionally the XH554 Blue Steel missile armed bomber
http://www.anigrand.com/AA4028_Vulcan.htm
Bonus#1 - SARO SR.A/1
Bonus#2 -
Bristol Type 192 "Belvedere"
Bonus#3 - DH108 Swallow

Handley-Page Victor B.2 (+ 3x Bonus Kits) = 88 USD$
kit contents parts & decal to build the XL165 K.2 or, optionally the XL158 Blue-Steel missile armed bomber
http://www.anigrand.com/AA4029_Victor.htm
Bonus#1 - Avro 707
Bonus#2 - Blackburn Firecrest
Bonus#3 - General Aircraft GAL 56
?

links V-Bombers
http://kampfgruppe144.blogspot.com/2008/11/1144-raf-v-bomber-nuclear-strike-force.html
http://www.vectorsite.net/avvbomb.html
http://www.drivearchive.co.uk/xplanes/vbombers.htm


British Prototype Aircraft (1/72 Models)
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2006/06/stuff_eng_hrubisko_tailless.htm
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2008/06/early-british-jets-01.htm
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2008/06/early-british-jets-02.htm
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2007/01/stuff_eng_hrubisko_miles_02.htm

7 comments:

smeg1959 said...

How prolific are Anigrand? It doesn't seem that long ago, their website featured the Daimler-Benz Projekt B with the M-50 Bounder about to be released. With the three V-bombers, the range will now be up to 29. Add the various "extras" and the total comes to a very impressive 117 aircraft!

However, if anyone is still after the Globemaster, Anigrand's website now shows both RAF and USAF versions to be discontinued. That limited life of moulds is probably a factor, as well as Anigrand keeping their range within bounds. I guess it is a timely reminder that if we want any of these resin items (from Anigrand or anyone else), we don't have an unlimited time to buy them.

Just wish my bank manager agreed ...

Anonymous said...

I think it's because Revell released the C-17 for much cheaper......

bluedonkey99 said...

I think the revell c-17 would be a reason they didnt refurbish the moulds, see a recent run of the c-17s they were well past their best!

so probably best to retire it!

Anonymous said...

This is really the first time that I wish a manufacturer would slow it down. I'm dropping $200-$300 a month to Anigrand, and it's starting to get out of control! 99% of what they release has never been out and will never be released by anyone else. And of course, you want to get the first pressings if at all possible, given that these are resin. Short of robbing the local bank or joining an addiction center, I'm lost for options. A second job may be the way, but that'll just mean that the kits come in and go straight into the closet while I'm constantly working.

Add to this all the gashapon and the ocassional Revell/Attack/Eduard/etc release, and it's just a losing proposition. I won't even get into discussing what friends and significant others think about the whole thing!

Anyone else facing this dilema? I suppose one can simply pass up on the releases and practice moderation, but that would require sanity and a great deal of restraint. I tried that once and I have yet to see that passed-up kit again.

I've been in hoarding mode ever since!

BigReg said...

The V bombers are really going to stretch my model budget. I home that the standard is to Anigrands best as they will have to beat the quality of Welsh models.

Regards

David

bluedonkey99 said...

Badger/Big_Reg

i whole heartedly agree!

with regard to Welsh models vs Anigrand... I would go for a fresh press of resin as they would be slightly easier, although I woulnt forgo future Welsh models purchases, that said I have a number unbuilt, starting from my Imperial Airways phase (ongoing), same with F-Rsin.

As for the rate of models and back log that Badger has, i think there are a fair few of us with that problem, the "ooh! i wouldnt want to miss that short run item"

I try to put constraints in place but they do buckle and waiver! I thankfully have stayed out of the modern jets but have allowed a "special exception for the post war Brit stuff, starting with the wolfpack TSR2... but this is now creeping upto the the Anigrand v-bombers and the new Fantastic Plastic AVRO 730!...oh, did i mention the Area88 Buccaneers?

The recent F-toys Early jets had to be done too, some nice Luftwaffe items and that meteor!

It occurred to me that someone on the SmallScalemodel Forum on yahoo ha aspirations to do a model a month next year... I fear that even at that rate I already have two lifetimes worth of projects!

mayeb we will get q little breather between now man the wonderfest in march? (not withstanding further anigrand announcements?)

BD99

Anonymous said...

I'm with you badger.

It's getting tough keeping up, and all I'm into is the 1/144 resin stuff for the most part. I pick up the interesting new stuff like A=Model's An-72's and such but it's really becoming a burden trying to save money to buy a house. Anigrand is taking all of my spare cash. Right up until March there are no less than 6 1/144 releases by Anigrand.

Luckily I'm not into any of the F-Toys stuff otherwise I'd probably be working a second job! :oP