Thursday, January 05, 2006

Pro-Hobby RESIN Kits





The new line of pro-hobby resin kits are beggining to reach the shops!
Initially it was not clear that they were to be resin, as all previous items had been metal.
It was therefore odd to see a significant increase in the cost of the items as it did not make sense.
It was only taking the risk of pre-ordering that the true picture came out. The initial shots were confusing it was not possible to tell they were resing and the publicity shots show the items finshed and painted, it was possible from the early photo's to imagine that the cost increast could have been due to you being supplied with two of each items.... but no it later transpires they are resin. This for me is ok as i have bought resing kits in the past.

The best is yet to come! It appears that the masters mold for this new range of products are made by some of Japans Finest 1/144 modellers!! - the Sdkfz 7 is made by the master modeller and crafts man " TOROPO " himself1. I can not tell who has made the Panzer but it is a good sign! http://toropo144.hp.infoseek.co.jp/gallerytop.htm

2 comments:

wtmblogger said...

I did bought the Sd. Kfz 7 direct from Toropo san and it seems the mold has been used for a long time now since you can see more flash from these offers from Pro-hobby than what I bought directly from him.

The Panzer II is from another sculptor. There is also a club in Japan called "mini-mini scale model study group" or "小型模型研究会". They used to have a lot resin kits on the web but they have taken them off laterly. I tried to buy from them directly but they refused (probably they don't speak English fluently). It's good they are re-released by Pro-Hobby (at least we have a chance to buy it. I'm so frustrated when I really like something but the buyer refuses to sell to me.)

There are a couples pop-up in ebay from time to time but the ebay price just drives me away.

bluedonkey99 said...

I agree with you completely.
It can be very frustrating to see items you wish to purchase and you can not buy.
It is worse when they say they will deal with international sales and you mail them and they never respond.
Still, then you get into all the trouble of payment methods etc.
And I must admit my japanese is 0% or via google translate!!