Saturday, March 11, 2006

1/100 Spitfire Mk Vb (Tsubasa Collection)



1/100 Spitfire Mk Vb (Tsubasa Collection)
I think i have seen these before but never paid too much attendtion to them in the past, primarily as they are not my main scale. I think I have either seen past or planned series covering "Spitfire", "Zero/Zeke" and Bf109....
I show it today as it was sent to me as part of a large order from a good seller in Japan, I was to give it to someone else but they asked me to build if for them first!
The main interest points are they are quite nice but take up more room than the 1/144 and the other main point is the construction methos is now the same as the recent 1/144 TAKARA Famous Aircraft "Wings of the Luftwaffe" series where they are essentially clip/glue kit that are prepained to a good standard! This 1/100 range comes with a more "executive" style base than the usaul takaras.
A final point of interest is that in Japan these are distrubuted by "Doyusha" the same company that distributes "Dragon Can.do"/"Dragon Micro Armour"

No comments: