Thursday, February 16, 2006

15(mm) into (1/)144 wont go?? - Yes, it can!




COPYRIGHT NOTICEAll designs and images on the website are Copyright © Brigade Models Ltd 1997-2005.You may use the images for the purposes of reviews, news stories, or to illustrate personal websites where commercial activity is not involved. They may not be used for commercial gain. You are not permitted to use them on auction sites such as E-bay or similar.

I quite like the look of this bunker too!
Now as usual the mixing of scales can bring trouble, but I think taken on a case by case basis there is something to be said from employing the richness of the different scales!
.
Look at the "bunker" picture above - this is a 15mm scenario!
.
1/144 is approximately 11-12mm
.
Did you notice what I noticed? yes, the men and machines are not in scale?
Do you think one of those soldiers could fit inside that truck and drive it?
.
I didnt - so I bought some to try out theory .... I have one eye on a Panzer/Luft'46 idea at the time.... I still have the idea..... it is that it is still on the work bench!
.
.
But the above pictures of mine show (again, on the workbench):
  • Dragon Panzer Korps 1/144 Tiger 1
  • Brigade models - Buffalo APC 15mm(?)
  • Pithead Minitures - Mercedes Truck 1/152 (UK N-Gauge)
  • Pithead Minitures - Skoda Ost Wagon 1/152 (UK N-Gauge)
A mix of scales and periods, but hopefully provking some thought?
.
.
not related to 1/144 at all , but I think these are quite fun items!
Aeronef Fleets - A kind of Victorian Science Fiction series
.
.
Pithead Minitures (nice man):

No comments: